Tuesday, May 13, 2014

This is MY Journey. This is MY Struggle. It's still a taboo subject, welcome to my life.

Stillbirth, Miscarriage, and Infant Loss is still such a Taboo subject. I often find people dumbfounded, speechless, and absolutely appalled that I am willing to talk so openly or even at all about losing Lillian.

But my question to those people is this, How could I NOT talk about my daughter? Don't get me wrong, for a long time it was something I avoided like it was some sort of flesh eating disease. But that doesn't change the fact that now, I'm in a place where I not only want her to be remembered, I NEED to talk about her for my own healing. Her birth was life altering for not only me, but my whole family.

I'm here to tell you, that I'm not going to stop talking about her, I'm not going to back down, I will not apologize if it makes you uncomfortable. She is my daughter. I have every right to talk about her, remember her, cry about her, and love her. Even if she is not with me physically, She is here in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment